“There are many qualifications that go into making an excellent lawyer beyond experience, courtroom acumen and technical expertise. It takes integrity and the willingness to go above and beyond the call to truly be considered at the top of the profession. Alan has all of this and more and anyone wise enough to choose him for representation will be more than glad they did.”
- Jeffrey Schagren, General Counsel, Accor Business and Leisure North America, Inc.
Alan DabdoubDownload One Page Bio
Alan Dabdoub represents plaintiffs and defendants in complex business litigation. Mr. Dabdoub has first chaired several trials (jury and bench) and arbitrations in Louisiana, Texas, New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts, with an outstanding record of success. He has experience handling class actions, business torts, commercial lease disputes, franchisor-franchisee disputes, partnership disputes, trade secret misappropriation and non-compete cases, bankruptcy related litigation, qui tam and employment litigation. Mr. Dabdoub maintains a robust practice representing companies from the following industries: oil and gas, energy, transportation, food service, manufacturing, telecommunications, agricultural, shipping, retail, advertising and finance. Mr. Dabdoub understands firsthand the interplay between litigation and business, having served as Chief Litigation Counsel for a large subsidiary of a Fortune 100 company. This insight, matched with his trial experience, equip Mr. Dabdoub to deliver outstanding client service and achieve his clients’ objectives aggressively and efficiently.
- Defended a subsidiary of the largest mobile device manufacturer in the world in a consumer class action alleging breach of express and implied warranties. Several claims were dismissed pursuant to a motion to dismiss.
- Defended a large credit card processor against consumer class action brought under the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. All class action claims were dismissed.
- Represented a large broadcaster in breach of contract and alter ego suit through trial, obtaining a verdict for all damages sought, pre and post-judgment interest, and all attorneys’ fees.
- Represented a well operator, in a case of first impression, regarding alleged subsurface trespass that resolved favorably.
- Represented a large natural gas producer in a substantial purchase and sale agreement dispute related to a large asset sale.
- Represented former shareholders in fraudulent transfer multi-district litigation pending in the Southern District of New York related to the Tribune Company’s bankruptcy filing.
- Represented a debtor energy company in bankruptcy litigation related to multi-million dollar purchase of silicon that resulted in a favorable settlement;
- Represented a tenant in a multi-million dollar purchase option dispute regarding the enforceability of an option to purchase that resulted in a favorable settlement.
- Represented a large natural gas processing company in a significant force majeure contractual dispute that resolved favorably.
- Represented a large corporation in a substantial qui tam litigation that resolved favorably.
- Represented a large pipeline company in connection with a trade secrets claim that resulted in the court issuing a temporary restraining order in favor of Mr. Dabdoub’s client. The ability to act quickly and obtain emergency relief was critical.
- Represented a prominent financial services company in connection with an alleged trade secrets misappropriation claim. Through Mr. Dabdoub’s aggressive approach and early involvement, the matter settled without the party claiming trade secret misappropriation filing suit.
- Represented a large food services company in arbitration in connection with a non-compete dispute with a competitor related to the hiring of two executives in an arbitration. The matter resolved favorably short of a full blown arbitration.
- Represented a large media company in an alleged trade secret misappropriation and alleged breach of non-compete matter that arose in connection with the employment of a former sales executive. Mr. Dabdoub obtained a favorable resolution for the company and its employee.
- Currently representing a large sports equipment manufacturer in alleged violations of Robinson- Patman Act and Sherman Act.
- Currently representing an agricultural company related to distributorship contract dispute in connection with introduction of innovative product into the marketplace.
- Currently representing large gas gathering company related to alleged gas imbalance dispute.
- Currently representing natural gas purchaser related to allocation dispute arising under purchase agreement.
- Currently representing large liquid and organic waste removal company related to alleged tortious interference and civil conspiracy claims.
- Currently representing franchisee in alleged breach of franchise agreement dispute.
HONORS / AWARDS
- Listed as a "Texas Super Lawyer" in business litigation and employment litigation by Law & Politics, (as seen in Texas Monthly, Rising Star Edition)
- Recognized by his peers in D Magazine as one of the "2016 Best Lawyers in Dallas”
EDUCATION / BACKGROUND
Mr. Dabdoub received his B.A., cum laude, from Louisiana State University and earned his J.D. from Louisiana State University’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center. Mr. Dabdoub speaks frequently throughout the country on litigation strategy and trial practice. He enjoys teaching and serving as Vice President of Education of the Counselors’ Toastmasters Chapter in Dallas, Texas. Mr. Dabdoub is admitted to the State Bars of Texas, Louisiana and Tennessee. In addition to his business litigation expertise, he is Board Certified in Labor and Employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is married to Michelle Ackal Dabdoub and they have a son (Grant) and two daughters (Ava and Sloane). In his down time, Mr. Dabdoub enjoys reading to his kids, attempting to improve his high golf handicap, running, and learning about wine.