Jonathan KelleyDownload One Page Bio
Jon has experience in all aspects of trial strategy and preparation, and has represented a diverse group of clients including Microsoft, Major League Baseball, Pfizer, JPMorgan, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., the Blackstone Group, and other fortune 500 companies. Jon’s practice is focused on civil litigation and civil appeals.
Prior to joining Lynn Pinker Cox & Hurst, LLP, Jon practiced law at Wilkinson Walsh + Eskovitz, LLP, and Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP in Washington, D.C. Jon earned his law degree from Duke University School of Law, where he was Editor-in-Chief of the Duke Law & Technology review, a member of the Duke Law Journal’s Editorial Board, and a member of the Moot Court Board. After graduating summa cum laude with his undergraduate degree from Arizona State University, Jon received a Fulbright Grant from the US Department of State and spent a year living in South Korea. Jon has traveled extensively, and, among other international work, has served as a visiting professor at a university in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of District of Columbia
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, NC, J.D.
- Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- B.A., summa cum laude, Communication Studies
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS / COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Member
PRESENTATIONS / PUBLICATIONS
- Peter H. Bresnan, Jonathan D. Kelley, 2014 SEC Actions brought Against Hedge Funds, Private Funds, and Fund Investment Advisers, Practicing Law Institute (Fall 2014).
- Gideon’s Bullhorn: Sounding a Louder, Clearer Call for a Civil Right to Counsel, 4 Sanford J. Pub. Pol’y 87 (May 2013).
- Equal Justice Under Law? Broken Promises and Relevant Responses to the Inefficacy of Appointed Counsel. Lecture at Duke University Sanford School of Public Policy, April 25, 2013.